Just peeking in to say hello and cheers and be careful where you aim the champagne bottle this week! Thanks for hanging out here in 2013, and I can’t wait to meet you all back here in 2014.
In case you missed any of these, my top five (in page views!) posts of 2013:
- Flora and the Flamingo by Molly Idle (I love this book as much as a billion times infinity. So does Danielle at This Picture Book Life, and I love her pink post!)
- Sleep Like A Tiger by Mary Logue and Pamela Zagarenski (A dark horse but deserved Caldecott Honor last year. It’s transporting.)
- Hello, Mr. Hulot by David Merveille (Wacky, witty, clever fun.)
- The Watermelon Seed and an Interview with Greg Pizzoli (A huge honor to have this crazy talent and endearing crocodile share space here!)
- Hide & Eek! by hat-trick design and Rebecca Sutherland (A flashlight and a dark room and innovative storytelling.)
I’ve loved following this story of a dark and twisty app for older readers. The Jörgits is a striking tale of aliens and just what in the world is going on here on our planet. Anders Sandell and his crew are doing fascinating work. You can find out more on their Kickstarter page, which has already been funded but is still beautiful and compelling.
Phew! What a great year to blab all over the place about picture books.
Don’t forget that The Mischievians giveaway is open through tonight! Be safe and happy and curl up with something fantastic this holiday season. Thanks again, a million times, for reading with me here. I’m thankful for you!